Lars T. Mikkelsen
Senior Software Engineer Oct 2017 – Present
Senior Software Engineer Apr 2016 – Oct 2017
- Improved the performance and scalability of existing feature
- Improved the performance and reliability of authentication back-end
services handling 10,000 req/s by implementing efficient caching and
- Performed forensic analysis of security incidents.
- Implemented OpenID Connect single sign-on for internal tools.
- Improved the performance and reliability of image resizing services
handling 500 req/s by caching resized images in Amazon S3.
Principal Software Engineer Mar 2014 – Apr 2016
- Designed and implemented a continuous delivery pipeline using
Jenkins and Chef.
- Replaced MD5 password authentication with bcrypt.
- Implemented two-factor authentication using SMS and voice messages.
- Migrated existing back-end to AWS using CloudFormation and
- Advised teams regarding architectural decisions as a member of the
Senior Software Engineer Mar 2013 – Feb 2014
- Implemented synchronization web services in Python.
- Implemented the synchronization and persistence layers of the Sync &
Share desktop application.
- Designed and implemented a collaboration desktop application in C#
Software Engineer Jul 2011 – Feb 2013
- Implemented the native UI in Sync & Share for Android based on an
existing HTML prototype.
- Implemented the backup feature in the Carbonite Mobile for Android
- Developed the SnapSync for Android app in Java.
- Developed and maintained existing Android apps.
Software Engineer Oct 2007 – Jul 2011
- Designed and implemented a complete e-commerce solution with
integration to Payflow Pro, Qualex, Rastar, District Photo, and
- Created tools for code deployment, backup, etc. using Python and
- Implemented video transcoding back-end based on MPlayer and FFmpeg.
- Implemented image transformations in Obj-C on iOS.
- Maintained a WPF desktop client.
- Developed a web-based client using ASP.NET and YUI.
- Developed an Android app in Java.
MS, Computer Science 2005 – 2007
- Secure IPC (Master’s Thesis):
Identified possible security issues with the current System V IPC
mechanism in Linux. Designed a trust-based solution and implemented
it using the LSM-framework. United States Patent 7,774,599.
BS, Computer Science 2002 – 2005
- Detection and Avoidance of phi-Loops (Bachelor’s Thesis):
Identified an issue with phi-loops (loops between phi-statements in
SSA form) in the C++-based Boomerang decompiler. Designed and
implemented a solution to detect and avoid the phi-loops.
- Operating Systems: OS X, Android, Linux, Windows
- Applications: Nginx, uWSGI, IIS, SQL Server, Apache, MySQL
- Tools: IntelliJ, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Git